Job Title: Infrastructure Specialists – JO1874
Job ID - 1874
Location: Portgate Business Park Switzerland Solothurn Switzerland CH
Employment Type: Contract
Infrastructure Specialist, Germany & Switzerland – JO1874
Zenith Technologies, now a Cognizant Company is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimised to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance. Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services.
Operating across 5 continents and with over 850 skilled employees, Zenith partners with the leading Life Sciences companies globally to provide performance improvements, reduced costs and improve time to market. We are your single end to end partner for consultancy, design implementation, optimisation and support for all applications in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing stack.
We’re looking for dedicated, innovative and driven talent to join our expanding team.
“Innovation and change, Join ZT”
About the role:
Zenith Technologies, in partnership with Cognizant are currently looking for Infrastructure Specialists to join our site services team for an initial 12-month contract, with a Leading Global Biotech Company based in Switzerland & Germany.
The successful candidate should be detail-oriented, organized, and experienced with exposure to various datacentre, cloud & network technologies.
- Serves as an IT Infrastructure Specialist for Data center, cloud & network technologies.
- Expertise to manage successful delivery of technology infrastructure operations & projects.
- Ability and confidence to interact with various technology / facilities teams with a focus on networking including WiFi, desktop and server platforms, Storage Area Network, IP telephony, understanding of technology project requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the operation of IT infrastructure and ensuring business continuity for multiple sites.
- Manage technical project operations from inception to execution including system and network setup.
- Provides project management oversight and expert technical guidance to the customer users and maintains technical surveillance over IT infrastructure services.
- Provides IT guidance and advice for a broad range of subject matter areas that may include; establishing project objectives, priorities, delivery dates, risk mitigation plans, IT metrics.
- Identify and resolve business issues related to projects by evaluating, recommending and presenting alternatives and then coordinating and executing issue resolution, escalation and follow-up as required.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance, analyze trends to proactively prevent problems and identify actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Engineering or in Computer Science.
- Hands on experience in Data Centre or/and Network Technologies in an enterprise IT infrastructure environment for large engagements (6000+ servers).
- Should have technical knowledge on a mix of technologies (Windows, Vmware, Cloud, Database, Backup and storage administration, Unix, Exchange, Skype, Network).
- 8-10 years of exp in IT infrastructure operations & transformation projects.
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working with global teams (onshore and offshore) is a must.
- Technical Certification in any Data Centre/Network technologies (ITIL Cert preferred)